Tuesday, June 11, 2013

And the Mystery Continues.....

I know it's been a bit since my last post.  I've been working on the latest mystery of
the true history of Margaret Kelly, my grandmother.  According to my father, Margaret
and my grandfather met in Ireland and married prior to emigrating to the United States.
However, when i found the US census information for the couple, it showed them both
emigrating when they were very young - Margaret in 1888. I had a stroke of luck
checking Findagrave.com and found that my grandmother's father was named Michael.  I
was able to find Michael, his wife Mary, and children James(2 yrs) and Margaret (7
mos).  So now i have some information i can use to track her family. Pretty exciting
stuff.
The newest conundrum though is her husband Bernard emigrating to the US in 1890.  The
records i have of Bernard show him in Ireland yet until 1912.  I still have to locate
their arrival record in order to see if they returned to Ireland or if I have the wrong
family in my research. The search goes on.  I'll keep you posted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment