Friday, May 17, 2013

Switching over...


It's been a great few weeks finding out more about my grandfather's family.  But dead ends can be a bit frustrating, so it's time to switch gears.  Still on the family history, but on a different branch.  I've still got a bit of a mystery on my paternal grandmother's family, so that's my next target.  It's always a good idea when you get frustrated in your research to take a step back and try something related, but different.  Start checking out the coats of arms, or the history of the area your ancestors lived.  Plan that trip to Ireland (if i could just follow my own advice - but my wallet says no currently).  Once you get involved in a side area, your mind will open up and you'll be open to new possibilities in your main research.  Give it a try. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment