Friday, April 19, 2013

My Family Tree

It's been quite a journey over the years, finding out where my family came from.  After years of fumbling my way around, I now know the tools and methods the professionals use and have had some good luck locating and verifying the people that make up my ancestral tree. I've also found a few tips of my own to share. 

My particular tree winds its way back to Ireland - County Roscommon to be precise.  Both sets of grandparents were born in the county - in Ballaghaderreen, Boyle and Rooskey. 

Wanting to share my success, I thought i'd help folks learn how to track down their Irish roots.  "Hey, why not make a blog?", i thought.  So here we go folks.  Hope you enjoy the ride, and get some useful info that you can use in your own research.

0 comments:

Post a Comment