Wednesday, May 7, 2014

AncestryDNA to the Rescue...

I am so excited!!! I was able to track back a connection with a cousin listed on my Ancestry DNA results.  I found the surname "Hoare" on his family tree which i recognized from researching my father's family.  I checked back in my notes and the answer was there!  Bridget Hoare was the daughter of Daniel Hoare and Bridget McHugh (a name i didn't have on my tree).  When i researched Bridget McHugh, i found the common connection.  Bridget was actually the sister of my great grandfather Michael McHugh.  Their parents were Owen McHugh and Ann Brown.

There is still a mystery of an additional brother named Owen that i am trying to verify.  I'm hoping with this new resource from the DNA results, i can use the connections' trees to provide some information and unlock a few key facts. 

The DNA results have given me a great new tool.  The test was worth every penny!

                                         (Bridget McHugh and grandchild in Roosky, Ireland c. 1915)

0 comments:

Post a Comment